Monday, November 29, 2010

spin magazine's best 125 albums in 25 years

Spin just put out it's best 125 albums of the past 25 years.

I am really disappointed that Hole ranks higher than The Smashing Pumpkin's Siamese Dream. In what world could that be true?

Jesus and Mary Chain at 36 (I would rate much higher), Pixies Doolittle at 16 Hüsker Dü at 15 is impressive, The Smiths The Queen is Dead at 3 I can totally agree with, but Jane's Addiction at 94 when Wilco is at 81? Who are they kidding.

I'm not sure how they decided this list but it makes no sense to me, especially since the albums on the list are generally not the best work of the band selected.

Anyhow, check it out and see if there is anything you agree with or disagree with. Either way it is an interesting list and you may find something new from it.

http://www.spin.com/spin25/125-best-albums-past-25-years#page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment