Saturday, December 11, 2010

joyeux noël



I studied French forever; through high school and college. Then, I picked up a couple of other languages and it has fallen into a tattered mess in my brain. I can still understand it well enough, but the words all come out in a jumble. Luckily, I can still sing along. And this is my very favorite French Christmas song. If you don't check out a single other link this month PLEASE watch this one. It comes from the year when Robert Smith of The Cure was playing with the band. I was out of my mind excited when I found this video.


I have actually been saving this song for a special occasion. "The Divine Child is Born" is the perfect way to welcome my new little nephew, who is in the middle of being born right now and my sister is adopting and bringing home. I won't get to meet him for a long time, but we are excited to finally have a new kid in the family who didn't come from me.


CHRISTMAS SONG OF THE DAY:

"Il est ne, le Divin Enfant" - Siouxsie and the Banshees (best audio quality)from their boxed set ""Downside Up".

No comments:

Post a Comment