Wednesday, December 8, 2010

so, this is christmas

8 December 1980 I was busy being very young and awaiting my mother coming home with a new baby. I knew nothing about John Lennon being shot. I had more pressing concerns, like would I now have to share my Christmas toys with a smelly baby who would break everything?

But since then, I discovered The Beatles, and although I never went through a stage of utter devotion, I learned to play a few tunes on the piano and appreciate the extensive affect that they had on the development of musical genres in the mid-20th century. The were very much a catalyst for the mainstreaming of rapidly changing musical styles.

In honor of the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death it feels appropriate that today's Christmas tracks should be his.
CHRISTMAS SONGS OF THE DAY:


No comments:

Post a Comment