Wednesday, September 22, 2010

all the young dudes

Are you ready for some clarity? I always thought this was a David Bowie song, and then one day I found out it was a Mott the Hoople song. But then, I discovered I was right the first time, but not in the way that I thought. David Bowie wrote the song for Mott the Hoople, but also did his own version of the song, so essentially he covered himself. Only a rock icon like David Bowie could pull off a move like that.


All of the covers today are outstanding. In fact they are so good that I couldn't narrow down to just one highlighted cover so I had to pick 2. You can't go wrong with any of them.


SONG OF THE DAY: "All the Young Dudes - Matt the Hoople"


HIGHLIGHTED COVER #1: "All the Young Dudes - David Bowie & Billy Corgan


HIGHLIGHTED COVER #2:"All the Young Dudes" - Travis (sorry,the sound + video doesn't seem to jive)


Other Notable Covers:

"All the Young Dudes - David Bowie


"All the Young Dudes - World Party (version on Clueless movie)

"All the Young Dudes" - Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs (yes I keep coming back to these two and their covers, but they are all so good)

"All the Young Dudes" - Billy Bragg & Jill Sobule (live)(click down playlist for song)

No comments:

Post a Comment