Monday, September 27, 2010

happiness is a warm gun

I was uploading pictures from my trip to the Tate Modern in London, and while I was working on the pictures from the Andy Warhol room, I started to hum this song, and so came the inspiration for today's song of the day.

The Beatles are fantastic, they really are. But they are not untouchable. I think that this is a case where a cover of their song actually turned out better than the original. Heresy, I know. The song was fabulous for the time in which it was created, but the girls of The Breeders really stepped it up a notch.


SONG OF THE DAY: "Happiness is a Warm Gun" - The Beatles

HIGHLIGHTED COVER: "Happiness is a Warm Gun" - The Breeders

OTHER NOTABLE COVERS:

"Happiness is a Warm Gun" - U2


"Happiness is a Warm Gun" - Tori Amos


"Happiness is a Warm Gun" - World Party

No comments:

Post a Comment