Monday, March 14, 2011

"if you buy that, I've got a bridge for you"

The new R.E.M. album Collapse came out, as you
most likely know, on Tuesday. Since I was down by Vintage Vinyl at the Flogging Molly show, I had the perfect chance to pick it up on vinyl. My R.E.M. collection is a hodgepodge of tapes, CD and vinyl and I have decided to switch it all over to vinyl (except the CD imports of course).

I have been really impressed with this new album. They really lost me for a while. Monster was the last thing I bought because they no longer spoke to me. But I am digging this gray-haired, bespectacled version of Micheal Stipe; he seems to have rediscovered his true musical self after being lost for a decade.

SONG OF THE DAY:
"Every Day is Yours to Win" - R.E.M.


R.E.M. "Every Day Is Yours To Win" from Matthew Perpetua on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment