Thursday, July 15, 2010

26 is a beautiful number

26 has a lot of meaning for me. It is the birthday I lost on the day my daughter was born and I haven't really seen one since. 26 is how old I was when I moved to Chicago and fell in love with a city. When I was 26 my husband began his quest to become an International Man of Mystery (I like to call him IMo?) and that cute slacker guy I married only reappears occasionally.


Today Katydid informed me there are only 26 days left until school starts for her and Macaroni, leaving me and Yaz to rock alone during the day. Can I get a Hallelujah!?!


Which made me think I should have a countdown. Like a musical version of those silly paper loop chains that count down until Christmas or the day you go home /leave home or whatever miserable hole you have found yourself in.


26 is also a beautiful number because obviously that's the number to letters in the English alphabet that brings us so many great lyrics.


So for the next 26 days were are going to have a Sesame Street style number and letter of the day. A song to correlate to every number and an artist for every letter. A byte-sized study in the ABCs and 1-2-3s of a musical library.


As always feel free to make guesses, tell me my selection sucks and what you would have picked instead, let me know if I introduced you to something new or picked a favorite.


*j

Today is brought to you by...
the letter A : "the sun always shines on T.V." - A-Ha
and the number 26: "26 reisen" - Einstürzende Neubauten

No comments:

Post a Comment