Thursday, July 29, 2010

some strange reward

While slaving away this summer in the dirt and grime and paint of being a landlord, there was one bright moment of respite I was looking forward to: Danzig. Admittedly, Glen Danzig isn't the Prince of Sunshine, but he was playing a show, and more importantly doing a record signing. Working 14 hour days didn't allow me enough time to see his performance, but I knew I could find an hour to slip out of my old man overalls and sneak off to get an LP signed.

In long-standing Boise tradition, all the punk kids, from street punks to those punks who have been around as long as Danzig, everyone crawled out into the light of day to see the legend.

I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but when my brother-in-law sent me a text in the late afternoon that said he had just sold Danzig a ton of fireworks, I knew I had to find a way. To complicate ny efforts further it eventually came down to sneaking off from my own Yaz's impromptu family birthday party that was a surprise to me. But with a litle help from my sister I pulled it off, and half the family didn't even know I had disappeared.

So, here it is, one of the newest additions to my wall of rock glory: a signed Misfits album. Ah, victory.





On the flip-side, don't miss this video of Robots, it will pull you in quickly to the quirky world occupied by Navvy (don't forget the second "V"). Yaz loves them and so will you.

*j

(p.s. we have made it to the half-way point in our alphabetical countdown to the 1st day of school)

Today's songs of the day are brought to you...
by the letter "N" : "robots" - Navvy
and the number "13": "thirteen" - Danzig

No comments:

Post a Comment