Friday, July 30, 2010

kassidy

My dear old friend D, who I have known since she was a young thing from Warsaw, now lives in the Netherlands, and scoots off fairly often to London.

Today on facebook she posted a link to a new band she saw over the weekend, Kassidy.

I must say they have a lot going for them musically, though I hope for their appearance's sake, the grunge look is coming back quickly to go along with all of those plaid button-downs at Target.

They can do accoustic like few bands, and I was intrigued to see that their "Night in the Box" video features them as an opening band for my beloved Noisettes. You can also find a cover of Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" if that makes it a little easier for you to decide how you feel.

D's original link was for "The Traveller- Live at the Konk".


I am still not 100% sure of my feelings for Kassidy, but I think if I can listen to them a few times they may have a future. They are an up and coming band I thought for diversity's sake that I would put out there for others to check out.

* j

No comments:

Post a Comment