Monday, July 26, 2010

regrets and redemption



One of my most recent vinyl purchases was a copy of The Kinks "THE ROAD : live", based entirely on my love of their song "Come Dancing". I first heard this song on a mix tape my high school boyfriend's older brother made for me, and I have always really enjoyed it.



Now, don't get too accustomed to these old fliers but I have another. This is actually from a show I never made it to due to multiple unhappy occurrences, not the least of which was being grounded from my car and my dad's birthday party(I still curse the fact I never made it, and that I missed seeing Tré Cool dump a plate of spaghetti on my best friend's head after the show). This show was back in 1992 when they were touring for their new album Kerplunk, yeah, that's way back before they were playing super-stadiums (do you see that price, $6 ! I paid more than that in Ticketmaster fees for my Lollapalooza tix), and still sucked as musicians, which is how I prefer them. Next month I get to redeem myself and see them headline at Lollapalooza, but I still regret not skipping out and going to the show back when they were young and rowdy and unknown.


*j




Today's songs of the day are brought to you by...

the Letter K: "come dancing" - the Kinks
and the number 16: "16" - Green Day

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Good Riddance does a cover of this (come dancing), and I love it! Originals are always best, though.

    ReplyDelete