Sunday, July 11, 2010

in the beginning there was the word and the word was rock



As an appropriate and coincidental beginning to this blog we begin our journey through the history of rock by taking the kids and cousins to Cleveland for an immersion tour of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Attentive ears listened to early tunes from blues and rockabilly legends. Little fashonistas critiqued iconic costumes from David Bowie, Micheal Jackson, Stevie Nicks and Jimi Hendrix. Young eyes stared up in awe of cool rides belonging to Joan Jett and Elvis, and little fingers traced the signatures of their favorite inductees The Ramones. And I got to bask on the glory of the punk collection of playbills and hallowed CBGBs awning and was tickled to see Boise's own Built to Spill (a pivotal band in my own personal musical history) up on the wall with the legends of grunge and Gen X.

To kick off this blog I think the best way to go is with a song of my youth that represents the purpose, history and zeal I hope best represents my intentions. So with that introduction, LET'S ROCK!

Song of the day:
"I love Rock'n'Roll" - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

*j

No comments:

Post a Comment