Today I would like to go back in time and feature 10 tunes from some great girl groups of the 1930's-1960's.
I don't know enough about these singing groups to expound upon them at any length, so I recommend doing a bit of your own research if you find you like some of their music. Phil Spector was responsible for a lot of these groups, and Motown, likewise, did its fair share of bringing women (at least women singing and dancing, if not always playing their own instruments) to the tops of the charts.
It isn't hard to see a theme in all of these song...they are all about BOYS, and mostly about boys who aren't around. Hmmm.
The Boswell Sisters
SONGS OF THE DAY:
1. "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down" - The Boswell Sisters
2. "Boogie Woogie Boy:" - The Andrews Sisters
3. "He's Gone" - The Chantels
4. "Be My Baby" - The Ronettes
5. "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" - The Shirelles
6. "Leader of the Pack" - The Shangri-La's
7. "Tell Him" - The Exciters
8. "My Boyfriend's Back" - The Angels
9. "One Fine Day" - The Chiffons
10. "Where Did Our Love Go" - The Supremes