Sunday, April 3, 2011

Month of The Girl Band: Day 3 (Ladies of Jazz)

Before we get too entrenched in the Rock genre of girl bands, I want to give a quick nod to some of the Women of Jazz. These ladies really paved the way for the girl bands of the early Motown era and all girl bands to come.

I can't even begin to do these ladies justice so I suggest you do some research on your own. In my opinion these women are essential in understanding women in modern music, and I have included some of my favorite songs by each.

Ella Fitzgerald
















Billie Holiday (she always has the coolest hairdos)















Sarah Vaughan














SONGS OF THE DAY:

1. "Lady Sings the Blues" - Billie Holiday

2."One Note Samba" - Ella Fitzgerald

3. "The Sassy One" - Sarah Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment