Saturday, April 9, 2011

Month of the Girl Band: day 11

Björk Guðmundsdóttir is easily one of the most identifiable yet private creatures on the face of this or any planet.

I have written at length about Björk before HERE, so today I would like to just compile some of my favorite songs she has created. A little bit of Icelandic jazz with with the jazz group Tríó Guðmundar Ingólfssonar , some with The Sugarcubes (nothing like the birth of a child to make you want to start a band) and some being her solo work. Because I have long loved Björk, it is difficult to narrow down my favorite tunes so I decided to post 2 songs from each period.

Bjork with Tríó Guðmundar Ingólfssonar















The Sugarcubes

















Björk














SONGS OF THE DAY:

1. "Brestir og brak" - Bjork & Trio (Gling-Gló)

2. "Kata Rokkar" - Bjork & Trio (Gling-Gló)

3. "Hit" - The Sugarcubes

4.
"Delicious Demon" - The Sugarcubes

5.
"Human Behaviour" - Björk

6.
"Army of Me" - Björk

No comments:

Post a Comment