Monday, January 3, 2011

Turning the Tables: a workout playlist



The best thing about the first Monday after New Year's Day is new workout clothes for the year. No more ratty yoga pants and thread-bare socks for a while. Though I am keeping my running shoes for a while since these Mizunos are fabulously indestructible.

I mentioned in my 2010 Year-Ender that I have really been digging The Wombats as workout music, but I have been thinking I need to revamp my workout playlists. I have been listening to an unusually short list for a long time, which is pretty ironic since I am so finicky the rest of the day.

So today I am turning the tables and pleading with you readers to drop me a line in the comments section with some workout music inspiration. I need a really steady beat for running. Below is a sampling of my current list. Thanks in advance!

Also, I will soon be announcing a bit of a contest for the month, so keep your eyes peeled for a chance to when an iTunes or Napster gift certificate. I ran the contest on my Facebook page last year with great success, and look forward to doing it again this year.

MY WELL-WORN WORKOUT PLAYLIST:

"Let's Dance to Joy Division" - The Wombats
"Can't Get You Outta My Head" - Kylie Minogue
"Smooth Criminal" - Alien Ant Farm
"Banquet" - Bloc Party
"Night on Fire" - VHS or BETA
"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand"
"Army of Me" - Bjork
"Feel Good Inc" - Gorillaz
"Blue Orchid" - The White Stripes
"An Honest Mistake" - The Bravery
"Destroy Everything You Touch" - Ladytron
"I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" - Arctic Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment