Monday, January 3, 2011

slowly but, well... slowly

Thanks to the few of you who have given me a few ideas for my new workout playlist (on facebook).


Slowly, but slowly I am starting to build that playlist. I have decided to add today's track as a new warm-up bit. However, I still going to keep yesterday's tune as the starter because it makes me childishly happy.


Although I happen to quite like Hawksley Workman's tune "Jealous of Your Cigarette" it lacks the "G" rating I need for the at-home workout/ Saturday morning dance party music. If he's new to you, Hawksley Workman is a great combo with Foxy Shazam, Jukebox the Ghost, Cold War Kids and the like. Today's song even sounds a bit like The Police if you prefer 80's tunes.


My musical buddy L linked me his running playlist (I have posted below) which I will of course disect, digest and be taking under serious advisement as my own list is molded and revised. Maybe by the end of the month it will be perfected and I can share.


SONG OF THE DAY:


"We Dance to Yesterday" - Hawksley Workman

L's running playlist:

11th Dimension- Julian Casablancas
1901- Phoenix
Animal Arithmetic- Jonsi
Well Thought Out Twinkles- Silversun Pickups
Dine, Dine My Darling- Alkaline Trio
I Am Everything I Am Not- Crime In Stereo
Search and Destroy- Iggy Pop
No One Sleeps When I'm Awake- The Sounds
My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg)- The Ramones
Surprise, You're Dead- Faith No More


No comments:

Post a Comment